Urgent Steps to Keep Queensland Safe

first_imgUrgent Steps to Keep Queensland Safe JOINT STATEMENTBrisbane will enter a three-day lockdown to stop the spread of the highly contagious UK strain of COVID-19.From 6pm tonight until 6pm Monday, people in the local government areas of Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Redlands and Logan will be required to stay at home except:to attend work if you can’t work from home;to buy essentials like groceries and medicine;look after the vulnerable; andexercise within their neighbourhoodMasks will also need to be worn everywhere in those local government areas except if people are at home.Cafes, pubs and restaurants will be open only for take-away service.Funerals will be restricted to 20 guests and weddings restricted to 10 guests.Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said the measures follow confirmation late yesterday that a cleaner from a quarantine hotel had tested positive.“There are no second chances with this pandemic,” the Premier said.“That’s why I’m asking people to have a long weekend at home.“We have learned from Victoria, South Australia and New South Wales that a short, sharp lockdown is better than a long one and this a more contagious strain.“Three days is better than 30.”The Premier said she once again called on Queenslanders to protect each other.“All we can do is stay home and stay safe and please get tested,” the Premier said.Health Minister Yvette D’Ath said extra testing clinics with more staff had been opened.“We want to see as many people tested as possible and people stay home and stay safe,” the Minister said.Chief Health Officer Dr Jeanette Young said it was essential to stop people moving through the community.“We know that to stop the spread of the virus we have to stop the movement of people and test, test, test,” Dr Young said.“Queenslanders have done a tremendous job of containing this virus for so long- we just have to keep it up.” /Public Release. This material comes from the originating organization and may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. View in full here. Why?Well, unlike many news organisations, we have no sponsors, no corporate or ideological interests. We don’t put up a paywall – we believe in free access to information of public interest. Media ownership in Australia is one of the most concentrated in the world (Learn more). Since the trend of consolidation is and has historically been upward, fewer and fewer individuals or organizations control increasing shares of the mass media in our country. According to independent assessment, about 98% of the media sector is held by three conglomerates. This tendency is not only totally unacceptable, but also to a degree frightening). Learn more hereWe endeavour to provide the community with real-time access to true unfiltered news firsthand from primary sources. It is a bumpy road with all sorties of difficulties. We can only achieve this goal together. Our website is open to any citizen journalists and organizations who want to contribute, publish high-quality insights or send media releases to improve public access to impartial information. You and we have the right to know, learn, read, hear what and how we deem appropriate.Your support is greatly appreciated. All donations are kept completely private and confidential.Thank you in advance!Tags:Australia, Brisbane, community, covid-19, Government, health minister, Ipswich, Logan, medicine, New South Wales, Palaszczuk, QLD, Queensland, South Australia, UK, Victoria, younglast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *